Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Purpose Driven Life...

Day 19
This morning as I read Cultivating community takes humility on page 148 I've decided to shift my focus today to Romans 12:16 that says "live in Harmony with each other. Don't try to act important, but enjoy the company of ordinary people and don't think you know it all" (NLT) and Philippians 2:3-4 "Give more honor to others than to yourselves. Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others" (NCV) As I sit and think about living this kind of life style...I wonder how different things would be if even just Christ followers alone lived this way...and then it make me think about how often we leave out these parts of the bible in our life style and I wonder why...I guess because it is sooooo hard to live outside of our own life...I know it is for me...I also love the way this lifestyle lines up with our challenge of the week...do you guys remember what that is? Hold the door open for someone or offer to help carry their grocery's...its in these simple day to day things that we can live these scriptures out...and then as we do it becomes who we are because of Christ inside of us...so I'm focusing on others and seeing how it builds community...wow GREAT challenge from God today...I'll let you know how it goes...
B

0 comments: