Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Me again...

Hey girls...yes it's me again...had some thoughts on the day 2 reading and thought I'd post them...hey that's what this blog community is all about right? I would love to hear your thoughts on today's reading too!!
Day 2 You are not an accident
As I read this Psalms 139 came to my mind...especially 13-16 it says:
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be
That whole concept just blows me away...in the book on page 23 at the bottom it says God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes. He has a reason for everything He creates...amen
I love the verse to remember through out our day today...You were in my care even before you were born." Isaiah 44:2
Question to consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

2 comments:

Brandi November 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

yay...we can leave comments now!!! Sorry about that girls...looking forward to tommorrow!!!
Brandi

Anonymous,  November 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

As I was reading through day 10 today (yep, I'm probably a bit behind)there was this part that really stood out to me. Rick Warren wrote, "God does not want robots to serve him. Surrendering is not repressing your personality. God wants to use your unique personality." These words are encouraging to me because I am on a journey, learning that God loves me just the way I am, the stubborn Chicana who loves to dance me! Today before I had my (Mexican Folkloriko) dance performance I realized that it could be an act of worship. I talked to God and told him that my performance today was an act of worship to him. And you know what? I hardly felt nervous (well a little) I did not get the runs... my stomach did not hurt...I did not feel like throwing up... it was just pure fun.
Josie